Monday, February 22, 2010

How Would You Like To Be Remembered?

Donna Burstyn says:

Do we want to be remembered by our names on buildings? Do we want to be remembered by our children and our grandchildren and their children as somebody who was kind.

I think a lot of people don’t take the time to think about how they want to be remembered. And once they forgive it out, do they live accordingly? It would be a great act of commitment to follow through on one’s word.

I’m thinking about how I want to be remembered. Who is it most important to me that I be remembered by?

It seems much easier sometimes to do things for strangers than to do things for people close to us.

I’m thinking about a person who people generally see in the pinkest of light. But I know this person differently. I know this person from a much closer relationship. And a part of this person is not all those great words spoken about them. There’s a dark side that few know.

How do we want to be remembered? Who do we want to be remembered by?

Read On



No comments: