Thursday, January 20, 2011

XXX-Communicated: Rebel Without A Shul

Luke Ford writes: I've been blogging about Los Angeles since 1997. Since 2001, I've focused on Orthodox Judaism.

Luke Ford is the author of five books, including:

» Rebel Without a Shul, » The Producers: Profiles in Frustration » Yesterday’s News Tomorrow: Inside American Jewish Journalism

Read Luke’s autobiography here. Pictures. Fiction. Contact info. FacebookPress. Twitter.

"I recently ran into a guy named Luke Ford, who I had lost over time. When I caught up with his website at lukeford.net, he was shredding some shreddable industryite or another. But after more digging, I found that Luke has done some pretty unusual journalistic work… He is building a database of in-depth interviews with Hollywood producers, the least interviewed group of high-profile industry players. The list he’s developed is pretty jaw-dropping."

"I didn’t realize just how irresponsible we normally are in everyday private conversations until I encountered L.A. blogger Luke Ford. Ford goes around to parties with a tape recorder and immediately posts snatches of dialogue on the web. His reporting is impeccable. He has faithfully quoted me libeling dozens of people on two separate occasions."

I discuss the weekly Torah portion with Rabbi Rabbs every Monday at 7pm PST on my live cam and YouTube.



No comments: