Sunday, July 24, 2011

No, I Don’t Write About That Industry Anymore

Luke Ford writes: Everywhere I go, when I run into people I’ve known for years, they often ask me, “So what are you doing these days? Are you still writing on the same things?”

And I usually answer, “Yeah, I’m still writing mainly about Jewish stuff.”

Most of my writing since 2001 has been on Jewish themes.

But that’s never what they mean. They always want to check to see if I am still blogging about the p*** industry.

I haven’t written about the p*** industry since October of 2007, but I understand I am best known for the reporting I did there.

It reminds me of the old joke. You could build a big bridge and people wouldn’t think of you as Joe the Bridge Builder. But if you suck one little c***, you’re suddenly that c***sucker.

Sexual norms are universal. Every community has sexual norms. If you deviate dramatically and publicly from those norms, that will usually overtake every other identity you have.



No comments: